How to Reverse Sear a Steak? The reverse sear method of making a steak is revolutionary, firstly the stake is made in the oven and then the sear is in the pan. This technique is used to take control of the inner temperature and you will get a more tender and good crust.
Most cooks use pan-searing to get a golden crust and the problem with that method is sometimes the steak is left uncooked and because of that, you have a risk of damaging the whole steak. The reverse searing is the perfect method to make a perfect steak with all of the flavours still inside, just leave the steak in the oven for some time at a low temperature and then sear it on the pan, below you can find the step-by-step guide to this.
Why the Reverse Sear Method
That is a very good question, to answer that, let us read all of the benefits of the reverse searing method.
- The oven removes the moisture from the steak.
- A slow heat in the oven prevents overcooking.
- Get a more persistent pink colour.
- Get golden and favourable crust.
How to Reverse Sear a Steak: Steps to reverse sear
All of the steps from start to finish are explained below.
1: Prepare the steak and oven
- Preheat the oven to 135ºC.
- Place a heatproof pan to preheat to start the process as soon as you put the steak on it.
- Make sure the steak is dry of all the moisture on it.
- Season the steak properly with salt and other peppers.
2: Let the steak Cook in the oven
It is recommended to use the meat thermometer to check the temperature of the most central part of the steak while it is cooking and check the temperature every 5 minutes.
- For a medium-rare steak, the temperature should be around 90 to 95ºF (32 to 35ºC).
- For Medium the temperature should be around 100 to 105ºF (38 to 41ºC).
3: Sear the steak on a pan
- Remove the steak from the oven and put it on the pan.
- Put the heat on high and use butter for a rick taste or oil and it is totally up to you.
- Sear the steak on each side for 2 minutes or until the desired temperature of the central part is reached.
- Sear the sides of the steak for the fat to dissolve inside for the taste.
4: Rest the steak
Put the steak from the pan onto a baking sheet and the temperature will rise and go all the way to the centre of the steak it is determined how well the steak is cooked.
And now is the time to present the steak and get ready to eat it, Enjoy!
Hope this guide helped you in How to Reverse Sear a Steak.