How to reset Google home mini? Google has a mini speaker which is called Google home mini 1st generation and in 2nd generation, it is known as the Google Nest mini, they are small compact shaped speakers which you can put anywhere in your room or you can buy one for each room because of it’s the cheap price tag.
Any electronic device which uses Wi-Fi has problems from time to time, like not playing music or sometimes glitching, the simple solution for this is to reset the device to factory settings and then use it again.
When you are resetting the device, the thing you must know is that all of the data stored in the device will be erased and the device will be started as you just bought it.
As you saw before, there are two different models and the resetting process depends upon which one do you have, to see which one you have check the backside of the device, if you have a place to mount it on the wall, then it is the 2nd generation, if not you have the 1st generation.
How to reset Google Home mini in easy steps
The Process of resetting the device is super easy, the reset button is located on the backside of the device, and you can see it when you flip it.
To reset it follow the below instructions
- Press and hold the reset button
- You will hear a warning of the device being reset
- Continue Holding the device until you hear a tone
How to reset Google Nest mini
Google nest mini is the 2nd generation of the google home series and the process of resetting it is different from the 1st generation, follow the below steps to reset it
- Turn off the microphone with the button which is on the side of the device and you will see an orange light confirming that is the microphone is muted.
- Press and hold the centre of the device and you will hear a warning saying that the device is being reset.
- Continue holding it until you hear a tone and after that, your device will reset.
There are some other ways to reset the device if the traditional ways won’t work
Turn off the device and on it after 10 seconds.
Repeat this same process 10 times,
After that, it will take some time to restart means the device is being reset.