How to get Splinter out? First, let’s see how can a splinter gets into your skin. Splinters can happen any time and when you least expect them, it can be painful and annoying and because of that, you want to get them out as soon as possible.
Splinter are tiny pieces of wood that puncture your skin and sometimes can’t be seen with the naked eye, you have to use a magnifying glass or something.
How to get Splinter out? Different Methods
There are some things you need to know before you attempt to get a splinter out
- Location of the splinter
- Depth of the splinter
- The direction of the splinter
- Size of the splinter
After you figure out these things, it is time now to get to work.
The best and easy way to get a splinter out is with the help of tweezers, regardless of the size of the splinter. Just follow the below instructions to get it out
- Disinfect the tweezers using alcohol
- Use the arms of the tweezer to grab the splinter
- Pull the splinter slowly
Another method is using duct tape, it is easy and full instructions are given below
- Clean the area where the splinter is located.
- Put duct tape on it
- Wait around 30 minutes while the tape is set completely
- Pull the tape and voila, the splinter is out.
Tweezer and Needle
Sometimes the splinter gets in the skiing and there is no way to get it out with a simple method using tweezers, and that’s where the needle comes in.
If that is the case with you, just follow the following instructions
- Clean both the needle and the tweezers with Alcohol.
- Put the needle tip in the skin where the splinter is to get it out a little bit.
- Grab the tip of the splinter with the arms of the tweezer and pull it out.
These are some untested methods to get a splinter out with some solutions and you can do it in your home easily. The solutions include
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Epsom salt mixed with water
- Warm water
- Lavender oil
To use the solutions follow the instructions below
- Wash the area where the splinter is located.
- Soak the splinter in sny of the solutions.
- Use tweezers to get the splinter once it surfaced.