How to boil an egg in the microwave? Yes you can and it is easy, Every person has different preferences about how they like their boiled egg, some like them half-boiled some full.
The problem while boiling an egg in a microwave is that it may explode and there are many ways to prevent that, some people poke a little hole in the egg and say it can stop it from exploding in the microwave and there is another way where you can put saltwater with it and it cannot explode and trust me cleaning the microwave after an egg explode inside is no fun.
You have to use a bowl and fill it halfway with salt water and if you can fill it with hot water, it is ideal and makes sure the water level is 1 inch above the eggs.
How do you want your eggs?
Everyone likes their eggs different and below you will find how many types of boiled eggs can be made.
1: For Soft eggs with rummy yolk, make sure to put the eggs in cold water as soon as they come out of the oven
2: For medium-boiled eggs, When the eggs come out of the microwave let them sit for 2-3 minutes and then put them in cold water.
3: For hard eggs with firm yolk, Let them sit in the water for 10 minutes and then out them in the cold water.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt PER egg
- Submerge the eggs in the water completely.
- Add 2 eggs to the bottom of the microwave.
- Cover the eggs completely in the water.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt for each egg such as 1 teaspoon for 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons for 4 eggs.
- Microwave for 4 minutes. Then let sit for 1 minute.
- Microwave for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fill another bowl with ice and water or cold water.
- If you want soft boiled eggs with runny egg yolks, let the eggs sit in the microwave in the water for 2-3 minutes.
- If you want medium-boiled eggs, allow them to stay in the microwave in the hot water for 6-7 additional minutes.
- If you want hard-boiled eggs, allow them to sit in the hot water in the microwave for 8-10 minutes more.
Reference: How to Boil Eggs in the Microwave | Just Microwave It